Monday, May 5, 2008

Reviews of things past

I love the art of Gustav Klimt, I like most of the acting work done by John Malkovich, and I really like the way Saffron Burrows looks. But none of that was enough to make me like this turkey of movie:
Sweet tiny batter fried and dusted with powdered sugar Jesus this movie is an arty pretentious piece of crap. It assumes we all know the back story of Klimt's life and then it blithely skips around to all kinds of places and locations in time and by the end of the film any goodwill you had towards anyone who made this steaming piece of shit has long gone and you're just about ready to not only murder the writer/director, the actors, and the studio who put it out, you're ready to knee cap the best boy and the on set caterer as well.

Everyone in this film has done far better work elsewhere, I'm sure that true of the multitude of German and Austrian actors who populate this turkey too.

Avoid this at all costs. And if someone insists you watch it, you may want to knock them in the head with a blunt object and terminate your friendship with them forever.

You can read my observations, I can't call it a review since I didn't finish it, of the biography of Jane Goodall I've been reading for the past few weeks by clicking here. Consider yourself lucky I didn't write a post about it that was in any way near as long as the book itself.

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

Another Klimt fan here - perhaps we ARE twins?

dguzman said...

But she's the human woman who stole your hearts! BTW that has always been my favorite thing on your sidebar. Sweet Jane, stealing the monkey's heart.

Gifted Typist said...

Yup, in agreement on the Klimt flick. It was a dog's breakfast through and through. But the set designs and costumes were nice