Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Winners?

So it's now been 5 years of the war of terror on Iraq and Afghanistan and we've got over a million people dead, millions more displaced, and we're not any safer than we were before Bush took us into this mess.

Who's winning this war?

The Iraqi people?Nope. If you ask them they'll tell you they're worse off since we invaded. They'll tell you they don't have electricity, hospitals, schools, or a sense of safety like they had before. They are hostages in their own country and they want us out now.

Are our troops winners in this war?
Nope. They've been lied to and shit on by everyone in our incompetent administration. Our troops need real support, they need to come home now.

Are US taxpayers winners in this war?
Nope. The war is a huge drain on our economy and it's responsible in part for dragging us into the recession we're in now. We've had to pay billions for a war that most of us never wanted while they tell us that national single payer health care for all is too expensive.

So who's winning this quagmire?
Yep. The ass hats who got us into it are winners because they and their pals in corporate America are all making money hand over fist off this debacle. Ain't that a bitch?

5 years of senseless slaughter is 5 too many.

It's time to end this war the only way we can, let's impeach Bush and Cheney both. We'll be the winners when those two are made to pay for all the death and destruction that they have wrought.

11 comments:

captainkona said...

Graphic, and rightfully so. This war is a crime against all that have suffered it.

Well done, Monkster. :)

Distributorcap said...

i hate both of them so much.... the destruction they have wrought to this country and mideast is so overwhelming and so tragic

impeachment isnt enough

great post dr m

SamuraiFrog said...

I wish I could say that your top picture was the worst I've seen since this war began. But it's far from it. Far from it.

The fact that Bush can essentially justify killing more and more children in order to win... I can't even put into words what I want to say about him.

Great post.

Randal Graves said...

To brighten everyone's parade, just think. Neither of those assholes will see a nanosecond of jail time, but some 15-year old down the street who sold joints a few times will. I love this country.

Snad said...

OK. Everyone who reads this post and feels something stir in them, DO SOMETHING! Wear mourning colors to work. Light a candle. Tell your coworkers you hate this war and what it has done to our country. Write a letter to the editor. Visit the VA near you.
Buy a copy of The Ground Truth and hold a screening for your neighbors, coworkers, family and friends. Go to the Winter Soldier website and watch and listen to the testimonials from the people who been there, who have executed this war of greed and who have been changed forever by it. Know that they are the real heroes and defend them boldly when someone else calls them weak or cowards. OK. I'm done - for the moment.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I am all for impeachment. Let's get it back on the table!

Ubermilf said...

Is mass murder an impeachable offense?

mwb said...

I marched with the millions against the war when it started.

I marched and organized with the hundreds in 2000 in protest when the Presidency was illegally handed to him.

I can finally celebrate when he's gone.

Angry Ballerina said...

good one darlin

Crayons said...

Dr.
This post hit me so hard. You know, last week I had a kitchen accident in which I sliced my finger pretty badly. I was wincing and getting all shakey, and then I realized that this kind of pain is inflicted 100-fold on innocent Iraqis every day.

I'm so angry, well outraged really, that the Bush Crime Family has gotten away with this. I blame so much of it on the media for hiding some stories and pushing others.

Thanks for this post.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Captain-Thanks.

Dcap-Thanks.

Samurai-I know there are worse ones out there but I can't bring myself to look at them for more than a second or two.

Snad-You tell 'em girl.

Lib-From your lips to Pelosi's ear.

Ubermilf-It is in my book.

MWB-They thing is will he ever go?

Angry-Thanks.

Crayons-We all need to put this damn war in the proper perspective, like you have with your injury. They have a 9/11 every 30 or so days.