Friday, February 1, 2008

Welcome back old friend

Woo hoo! Lost is finally back and I couldn't be happier.
I've been on board with this show ever since the day that plane first fell out of the sky. I stuck with it through thick and thin and I'm well and truly hooked. I love that they have a clear time frame for ending the show so maybe they'll stop dawdling around and just let it play out.

Watching the new episode last night was like seeing an old friend again. We got caught up and then my friend began telling me what it had been up to over the year it's been away. Screw those of you who don't like it or who bitched that it meandered for a bit. There's not anything else like it on TV and I'm all tingly with anticipation for the next 7 new episodes. Now, if only those prick producers would come to terms with the writers so that they'd do the full run of episodes, then I'd be even happier.

Ah well, at least I get to see all my favorite characters like Sayid, Hugo, the is she or isn't she evil Elizabeth, and of course Ms. Yunjin Kim.Maybe this year they'll tell us what became of Walt and his daddy. Huh? What's that? You say you have some time on your hands while you are on hiatus during the writers strike and you want to play golf with me?
Well of course I'll hit the links with you Yunjin. Just let me grab my clubs and we'll be off.

7 comments:

dguzman said...

You're such a friendly soul. Be sure to let me and my gal-pal Anika Sorenstam know when you two want to play.

Mnmom said...

We're like that with the Sopranos, and Six Feet Under. We come around to good TV late. Can't watch this stuff in prime time with kiddies in the house.

Wandering Coyote said...

Yeah, it was great to see the premiere last night! I even have a LOST countdown widget on my desktop (though it had the date wrong). It was a good episode, though I'm not entirely sold on this flash-forwarding thing...I think it's giving away too much!

Westcoast Walker said...

It was like being reunited with some old friends!

I actually liked the flash forward segments of the show, an interesting twist that adds further layers of complexity to the show. I respect the creators of the show for trying to keep it interesting.

Blueberry said...

Another LOSTie here (2, actually, counting MrB). One of our few favorites.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dguzman-Annika can play with us any time. I love a good threesome. Hubba hubba.

mnmom-We're with you on the Sopranos, not so much with 6 Feet Under.

Wandering-Yay! Another Lost fan! I knew you had good taste.

Westcoast-I respect them for that as well.

Blueberry-It's the only hour long drama we watch on commercial TV anymore.

barbie2be said...

i live for lost.... and six feet under.