Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's too late for Jamie Lynn Spears

I picked up this gem for a quarter a few days ago in one of my local thrift stores:


It was published in 1979 and I thought as I bought it, it's a shame that Jamie's mom didn't read it or hire someone to read it to her kids. But then I remembered that being famous is all those people care about and that Jamie is getting a million bucks for photos of her kid from some celeb magazine.


Some people would say that she's better off than me, after all she's rich, famous, and in the news, while I'm just some fat bastard who writes blog posts obsessively. Oh well, I may not have much money but I do have a clean conscience and I can still look at myself in the mirror with out cringing. So, hey Spears family, BOO YA!

7 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Plus, you have that cool book, which is probably one more than that family has in their house. Well, no, I'm sure they have a copy of the Bible, for parenting purposes.

dguzman said...

I think Mommy was too busy writing her guide to christian parenting to read this book. Of course, now the book's being delayed... which sucks, because I was really looking forward to the chapter on birth control with the Rhythm Method. What? It's obvious it was in the manuscript--Jamey obviously proofread it!

Missy said...

I wish I had read that book!

Katie Schwartz said...

You are fabulous. it's a shame you didn't raise those girls. They'd have sense and a shot at being human. such a shondj. she is a child. I know I keep saying that, but I can't get past it. I am disgusted that they decided to sell the story to some creepy tabloid. So gross.

Anonymous said...

Now you know where I got my sex info.

My secret is out.

I never know where my copy went. Now I know. Safe in simian hands.

Micgar said...

I think that its sad that the Christian Right will make so much hay with this. They already are starting. (you know, its those atheist Liberals' fault!)

Splotchy said...

WARNING: I'm going to make yet another comment on your post that isn't entirely tied to the subject matter.

Kudos on your find, man! Have you heard of Will Eisner before? He was the creator of a very respected comic called The Spirit. He is also credited as being the originator of the modern-day graphic novel (I just bought Eisner's "A Contract With God" for my brother for Xmas).