Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Go on, read a damn book, would it kill you?

Hey you. Yeah you. You need to join the Winter Reading Challenge. All the cool kids are doing it, yeah I know they slipped up and let me in. The whole thing, to the best of my knowledge, was put together by this gal:

In case you don't know her, Karen is the Captain of the HMS Swiftsure. When not making cool looking hats, doing karaoke, and lusting after Tom Jones and that guy from that Dirty Jobs TV show, she's heavy into reading.

The reading challenge is pretty simple really, all you do is submit a list of books you're going to read and then after you read each one you write about it on the Winter Reading Challenge blog. It's a neat way to connect with other people and to learn more about books. I'm super stoked to see what others are reading and I'm looking forward to sharing my observations about what I'm reading for the next few months. So go on, join up. It's easy to do so, just go to one of the blogs I've linked here and send the lovely Captain Karen an email. No worries kids, she's Canadian so she's real nice, she'll let you join up, I promise.

8 comments:

Missy said...

Oh I almost did one of these once. Maybe I could join this one...or maybe I should get my act together researching countries!!

Are any of you readers on goodreads.com? I am, I would love to be your friend there.

Suzy said...

Will there be consequences if we don't read all the books we promise to read? Will a burly Canadian come to my house and intimidate me?

Missy said...

Suzy brings up a good point!

Karen said...

Suzy, never fear - I may be chubby but I'm far from burly.

Dr. Monkey - what a shock to see a giant size picture of my giant sized head at the top of your blog! Creepy. I thought the point was to get people to WANT to join our reading challenge not scare them away!!!! And to be honest, I can't take all the credit for this idea. Wandering Coyote (http://wanderingcoyote.blogspot.com/) is a great inspiration and has helped come up with this idea. She's also one of our most voracious readers!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yay, I'm so glad you are joining in! Captain Karen initially lured me in with the Summer Reading Challenge and I've felt no reason to leave.

I have to figure out my list still.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Missy-Join the Canadians, they're nicer.

Suzy-No Canadians but maybe if you're lucky I'll come up there and shovel your sidewalk.

Karen-I'm sorry you are creeped out by your visage on my blog. I think you're lovely and your photo brings the level of beauty on my blog way up, off the charts in fact.

Barb-My list is still in transition as well.

dguzman said...

Oooo, I'm getting a bunch of books for xmas, so maybe I'll join!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dguz-Do! Just sign up before Dec. 21.