Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fierce Cry Babies (A Project Runway Post)

As I've written before my love for Project Runway is off the scale and I could not be happier that it's back on the air. After watching the first two new episodes here's what I think so far:
I'm ready to declare this gal the winner right now. Everything she makes is stylish and looks great. Plus, she's easy on the eyes and she seems nice too. I'm rooting for her to go all the way to the final three.
This creature makes me gag. I want to toss my lunch when I see her tattoos, that hunk of metal in her face, and when she speaks my blood pressure goes through the roof. I usually root for the older contestants on these type of shows but not this time. The sooner they toss her off the show the better.
This dude came from a big family and he cries a lot. If the temps fall below 65, he cries, if he sees a little doggie, he cries. Ok I get it man, you're an emotional gay guy. Now dry up those tears Mary and make some nice looking clothes or I swear to god I'll give you something to cry about.

Hey crazy Texas lady, what color is the sky on your planet? You should have been bounced after the first dress you made. It looked like shit. Honestly Ms. Nut Bag, they're keeping you on so we can laugh at you, not with you. When you do finally get bounced, I'd look into some behavior modification therapy if I was you, I'm just saying, that's all.


Nancy, if you look into the camera and tell everyone you are "fierce" one more time I'm gonna track you down and shove the definition of fierce in your face. You are the polar opposite of fierce and you're not all you make yourself out to be either. In fact Nancy, I'd say you're designs look pretty average at this point. To be honest your stuff looks like you are ripping off Santino from season 2.


Dude, ok, we get it. You are a larger than life big ol' gay guy who designed over the top costumes. Fine. We understand that. We also get the whole big ol' gay larger than life guy persona, honestly we do. But I'm begging you, please dial it down a notch. I mean come on, bawling your eyes out over that walking STD Sarah Jessica Parker? Dude, she's just a talentless chick who got lucky, it's not like she's Kate Hepburn or Katie Morgan or something. Suck it up and design something fabulous or you're going to get tossed in the losers heap.

Ummm, uhhh, well, er, I umm, uhh, er....I, well. This gal, well, umm, er, uhh, she's, umm, uh, well, I...ummm, I, well, hang on, wait, (blush) I uh, think, she's.....Oh screw it, I've got a huge crush on this gal and even if she doesn't win I hope she makes it to the final three.
*******
My reviews of the first two challenges: #1) Oy what were they thinking naming Rami the winner of the first one? That dress he made made that model's boobs look like scrambled eggs. It looked like he took drapes and wrapped her up in them. Note to Rami: Not everyone looks good in earth tones. #2) The right person won that challenge but if I had to design something for Sarah Jessica Parker, I would have made pair crotchless capri pants and a bag to go over her head.

8 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I have not heard of this show. Now that I have, I shall endevour to be busy when it's on.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dr. Z-You better not start watching or you'll be sucked in like I was.

kelsi said...

this is a side of you i wasn't prepared for. i have to go take a few deep breaths.

Missy said...

I agree with you about the cream of the crop and the parade of over-exaggerated gay stereotypes so far. I think that Jillian girl will become more interesting- perhaps the villian of the show?

dguzman said...

Yikes, your words, they sting!

I don't have TV and thus haven't seen the show, but with reviews and info like this, who needs to watch! Keep me posted; reading your take on the show beats watching it any day!

GETkristiLOVE said...

I couldn't believe it when SJP walked in - I shrieked with joy (and I never do that).

I think they kept the spit-marking girl just to spice things up a bit.

Claire said...

I like crazy Elisa (spit marking girl), but I haven't picked a favorite yet. And I like SJP!

vikkitikkitavi said...

Lay off SJP, you monkey!