Friday, October 26, 2007

Stars in my eyes again

That amphibian genius and the guy who I think of as my little brother, Samurai Frog, has awarded me this Blogging Star honor. While it is my second one, PJ gave me the first one, it still means the world to me since I am getting it from someone who I admire so much and who's blog I love to death. I love getting any awards and recognition and I especially love getting an award from someone so intelligent, funny, and so damned entertaining.

When PJ gave me this award I in turn awarded it to five female bloggers who I really liked. Now since Samurai Frog has given it to me this time I'm going to give it to five males who's blogs I really like. My only problem with that though is that since he gave it to me I can't turn around and award it to Samurai Frog, but if I could I would because his blog is one I check several times a day for new content. He also gave this to a couple of guys who I admire, Splotchy and Johnny Yen, so I can't give it to them again, but guys if you read this, I totally would have given this to you if he had not beat me to it. So lets get on with the list of guys who do get this award then:

1) Bubs over at Sprawling Ramshackle Campground gets one for his great blog. I love the vintage stuff he posts, the exotic drink recipes, the sex offenders in his spotlight, and the bits of family ephemera that he posts from time to time. Plus he went so far as to send me photos of him and his lovely daughter holding Crunky bars. How cool is that?
2) Distributor Cap gets one for being one of the funniest, angriest, and most outrageous bloggers in the world. His puking pumpkins made me laugh, his righteously angry political posts make me think, and the fact that no matter how old I get, he'll always be a few years older than me makes me smile wistfully.
3) Darkblack gets one of these too. His skills in photo shop and snark will be spoken about in hushed and reverent tones around campfires far into the future. I am in awe of his genius.
4) Speaking of photoshop geniuses, the next one goes to the ape who makes all the great pictures of Dr. Monkey that I use on this blog, the ape who writes and photoshops like no other, yes, I'm talking about the ape who inspired me to start blogging, Dr. Zaius. He may be my rival in the Presidential race but he'll always be my blog hero for all he does on his blog and for mine.
5) Lastly I'm going to go outside the box and pick an up and comer for the last spot on this award list. Since I can't give one to Johnny Yen, I'm going to give one to his son, The Evil Dictator. The kid just started blogging not too long ago but if he sticks with it he'll be huge in the blogoshpere some day. He's got wit, smarts, and the good sense to be a fan of mine, the kid's got game I tells ya.

*******

Thanks once again to my blog brother Samurai Frog for giving me this award. And I want to thank all the guys who I in turn gave this award to, you guys make blog reading fun and rewarding.

13 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Wow, congrats again! Your mantel must be getting pretty crowded with all the blogging awards and bowling trophies up there.

Missy said...

Well deserved!

Joe said...

Hey, thanks! Back atcha!

Some Guy said...

Well done, gentlemen. Keep up the great work!

Freida Bee said...

¡You rock, Monkey Man!

Distributorcap said...

well deserved...no Sally Fields please

ps -- THANKS as well

Fran said...

You are da man, oops I mean monkey! How many times have I said that before?

Well it doesn't matter because it is so true.

And you have chosen wisely. That Darkblack is something - isn't he?

Generalissimo (Dictator) for life said...

Thank you. By the way, you knew added me on your blog roll before Mr. Yen knew I started my blog.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Barb-Getting awards never gets old hon.

Missy-Thanks!

Bubs-No, thank you sir.

Chris-Will do, thanks!

Freida-Thanks!

Dcap-Thank you sir.

Fran-Darkblack is a demi god.

Evil Dictator-I had no idea that was the case but I did figure out who you were rather quickly. :)

Dr. Zaius said...

Holy crap! I am honored, sir.

Dale said...

Just to know you're smiling wistfully makes me happy. Congratulations.

darkblack said...

What a nice compliment to see in the morning...Thank you, and congratulations on your own honor.

SamuraiFrog said...

You're welcome, Dr. M. Your blog is one of the thing that keeps me going. And the blogs you awarded are all great, too. Why does anyone want to leave the house with this much good stuff online?