Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You say goodbye, I say hello

I'm in mourning over the loss of Pam's blog Musings of a Working Mom. She shut it down last week. She only posted maybe three or four times a week, and sometimes less, but they were quality posts about the senseless war, politics in general, and her adorable family. She toiled for a time on the now defunct blog that Hill Country Gal stared up called The 'Tude, but alas she told me it got to feeling like actual work and she didn't need anymore of that. I'll miss you Pam and I hope maybe one day you'll come back to blog, if you do you better let me know. But things are not all sadness in my personal blog-o-verse because I found two great new to me bloggers. I know, I know, we're all gonna have blog rolls as long as the current President is stupid, but what the heck, am I supposed to do ignore genius?


First up is maybe the coolest chick I've ever seen. Her name is Vikkitikkitavi and her blog is called Bells On.
Holy crap can this gal write. She's left wing and oh so dead on the money. She writes like she must have been doing this for years and years. Her posts are wise beyond her years, heck look how young she is, and she is a joy to read. Even though she writes about politics alot she also writes about other things, like the Tofu Festival she went to recently. She's a braver person than I am for going to a Tofu Festival. I found her through Evil Spock (and speaking of genius, Evil Spock is a feckin' genius if there ever was one), she is one his regular commenters, but then again aren't we all?

To top it off she's from Indiana as well. It seems that all the great bloggers have come from Indiana. Here's the partial list: Vikkitikkitavi, Evil Spock, Liberality, and D Cup. Is there something in the freakin' water up there that makes you damn people so smart, funny, and engaging?


The next great new blogger I found is Bossy, yep that's her blog name. Bossy. And you can see her blog here.
It's a wildly eclectic blog that covers everything from Hillary Clinton's new health plan to Tim Gunn's Guide to Style (I hope she's a Project Runway junkie like me, woo hoo!). And just like another genius blogger I already mentioned, she refers to her self in the third person. She's got a great design and to top it off she even stars in her own super cool homemade videos.


Oops, I almost forgot to give mad love to Dr. Zaius because he was the one who turned me onto Bossy. Thanks Doc.

Holy crap. I'm smitten with both these new gals on my blog roll and I promise you will be too if you check them out. They are on my "must check every day for new content" list.


I'll miss you Pam but the pain of losing you is buffeted by these two new to me blogs.

7 comments:

Some Guy said...

Glad you got turned on to Vikki, Dr. M. She was one of the first blogs I read when I started and is brilliant. I will give Bossy a look. Thanks for the heads up!

vikkitikkitavi said...

You are very insightful for a monkey. Are you an M.D. monkey, or a Ph.D. monkey?

In either case, thanks for the linkage, baby!

BTW, people from Indiana tend to come in two flavors: brain-dead wing-nuts, or EXTREMELY PISSED OFF lefties who cannot believe all the shit they had to endure from aforementioned wing-nuts before they were able to escape what should be officially known as "The Armpit State."

p.s. I am much older than you think I am, but I beg you to continue pretending otherwise.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Chris-You'll enjoy Bossy I'm sure of it.

Vikki-Sugar booger, anyone younger than me is young. I'm an old monkey now and this old monkey loves your blog.

Dr. Zaius said...

Mad love for Bossy, to be sure.

dguzman said...

I took doses of both these blogs yesterday, and it turned out to be just what the Doctor ordered. Feeling good now.

BTW, my word verification is muxola. Love it.

Evil Spock said...

Evil Spock believes this post will be used for future restraining orders. . .

Obsess about Evil Spock once in awhile!

Life As I Know It Now said...

checked out both these blogs and hell yeah they are good!