Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More monkey art now on Flickr

I've inflicted more of my mixed media art on you via my Flickr account. And for those of you who like the ones with boobies, I added one or two of them as well for you.

"It's What's Inside That Counts" 13" x 13" mixed media on plywood.

"The Sound of Human America" 13" x13" mixed media on plywood.


But just to let you know who the real artist was in my family, this a a painting my Dad did. It's a copy of a Van Gogh I think. He often did copies of Van Gogh's paintings, I vividly remember his interpretation's of Van Gogh's Sunflowers and Irises. He felt a kinship with Van Gogh because both of them had mental illnesses. This is the only painting my Dad did thatI know of that has survived, the rest have been tossed out or destroyed.

Dad had the real talent and artist's eye and I'm just a monkey who does cut and paste jobs on plywood. Although I do like to think that all those times he encouraged me to make some art has finally paid off.

1 comment:

Distributorcap said...

looks like you have found where Princess Diana's lungs are.... that someone is watching over Rosemary's Baby

and MM -- you have found Ted Stevens bridge to nowhere..