Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Campaign News

My fellow Americans, I come before you this afternoon with a heavy heart and some bad news.

As all of you know I have decided to run for President only if Rep. Dennis Kucinich does not get nominated by his party. I reluctantly agreed to run for our nation's highest office if Rep. Kucinich would serve as my running mate.
At first he agreed to my proposal because he was willing to do anything in his power to make this country a better place for all Americans. However, he has since had a change of heart, and I do not blame him for doing so. Rep. Kucinich told me that after much soul searching that he did not want to put his lovely wife through more campaigning if he does not get the nomination.

He further told me that he could best serve this country and me, if I am elected, by staying in the House of representatives. What a selfless man he is! What a true patriot! He is willing to stay in the House and lead the fight to get my legislative initiatives passed when I am elected. I salute you Rep. Dennis Kucinich and I pray that you get the nomination and that I do not have to run.


So it is with a heavy heart that I accept his withdrawal and I hope that he enjoys spending more time getting to serve his constituent as often as she needs.
If I know Dennis like I think I do, then he'll be more than willing to take all the time he needs to make sure his constituent's needs are met time and time again!
So America, that leaves me without a running mate but fear not! My campaign manager Samurai Frog and I are holed up at el Casa de Monkey and we are interviewing a slew of potential candidates to be my running mate. Here are a few people we are scheduled to interview:
Denzel Washington

Kerry Washington

Chris Gregoire, Governor of the great state of Washington

Isaiah Washington
Miss Washington 2005
A skank who Sen. Vitter might have banged if he had not been in Washington
and Merle Haggard.
There may be others but we feel that this crop of candidates are pretty well qualified. You can expect our decision to be made public sometime this weekend. So hang in there America and fear not, the Monkerstein campaign is steaming forward and offering progressive workable solutions to this nations problems while other simian campaigns who shall remain nameless only offer scurrilous and scathing attacks on me and my campaign manager.

Thanks for your time and may the odds bless you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're on thin ice, Monkerstein.

Jess Wundrun said...

I keep my fingers crossed for an all-simian slate.

LBJ and Kennedy did not like each other.

Bush and Reagan were not friends.

Teddy Roosevelt thought McKinley was a boob.

Lincoln knew Johnson was a boob.

So, can't you and Dr. Z bury the hatchet, for the good of the country?

please disregard the fact that all of the above presidents got shot. it has nothing to do with the current discussion.

Dr. Zaius said...

I see you finally got Rep. Kucinich's hint after he called the police and put out a restraining order on you.

Pam said...

Dr. Z!!!

Although that pic of Denzel is might fine.....;-).

splord said...

and Merle Haggard

LOL!

Fran said...

Uh-oh... what's this from a commenter named living with monkerstein. Hmmm... what to make of that!

From looking at this blog I have come up with a Sam Waterson/Denzel Washington ticket that can't be beat in 08!

How I love to dream.

Nah! Just kidding, its Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein or NOTHING for me.

Angry Ballerina said...

That's HER?! Whoa, she's kinda smokin....

Joe said...

If you can't get Merle I could probably be persuaded to run with you. I could represent the gun-crazy far right wing of your ticket.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Living with-Tell me something I don't already know sugar.

Jess-So which of us do you want shot? Me or Zaius?

Dr. Z-As usual, you offer only attacks and mudslinging. When will you rise out of the sewer?

Pam-I seem to be your number one source for eye candy.

Phydeaux-I knew someone would get that joke. Sometimes I feel like I'm working all alone out here.

Fran-I know you ladies need eye candy too but you've made the right choice backing me.

AB-That's one of the madams in one of the whore houses he went to. One of the many.

Bubs-Sorry dude, but I need a veep running mate who will bring national exposure to the ticket. Being a third party candidate is hard, especially a third party candidate who most people never heard of.