Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lighten up, it's Tuesday! (All Female Edition)

It's not that you boys didn't amuse us here at el Casa de Monkey in the past two weeks, we just wanted to send some link love out to our favorite females and current crushes out there in blogland.

So without further bullspit, here is a sampling of the stuff some gals wrote that made us laugh out loud in the past few weeks:

1) I'd be careful what I said too if I had a blogger mom that wrote this well and was as smart as this one.

2) Here's a double dose of rich gooey Jewy goodness courtesy of my new Jewish princess blog crush, Katiegirl. She claims ownership of the "c" word in this first post and then in a post about her monthly "monthly" she calls it a name I've never heard it called before, oh well it's hers and she can damn well call it what she likes. Sorry Sarah Silverman, Katie is the Jew gal for me now. Unless you lift that restraining order and answer my thousands of calls, letters, text messages, and smoke signals that is. Oy, what's a goy boy got to do get some JAP love these days anyway?

3) Finally! Someone who is as fearful of the giant robot master overlord invasion as I am! You are not alone Miss Kelsi, I'm with you babe. All those years of watching bad sci fi movies will finally pay off when the robots attack.

4) Speaking of Miss Kelsi, I found her blog one day when I was looking for pictures of crazy looking cars for a post about my interview with Sam Brownback. I liked her stuff so I blogrolled her and I read her blog regularly now. In her blog roll I noticed this blog and I've been hooked ever since. Meg is my other new blog crush. When not writing about her aversion to group sex or interviewing her liver, she's appearing in the knife pictures that make Lindsay Lohan look like a spoiled little drunk coked up starlet. Keep on rockin' in the free-ish world Meg!

5) Just what guys everywhere needed, dating tips from Angry Ballerina. Ignore the pissed off Terpsichorean lass at your peril gentlemen, I however will not.


6) Any gal who makes poo jokes is a friend of ours forever.

Ladies, we thank all of you for making us laugh in these troubling times. I tip my fez to you all.

13 comments:

Katie Schwartz said...

you are too much, monkeymeat! I love that you have a dedicated post to all things V. ah, it warms my heart.

thank you, dollface. you are so funny.

Snad said...

I feel left out. Say something about me. Now!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You got to make me laugh first.

Lemon Gloria said...

Thank you, thank you! I feel lucky!

Snad said...

OK, fine. A chick always has to perform before she gets any kind of acknowledgement!

Here's a joke my dad used to tell us when we were little kids:

Little Timmy had just gotten a new wagon. He was pulling it down the sidewalk when it got stuck in some mud. He was pulling and pulling, yanking and yanking, but the wagon would not come out of the mudhole.

Timmy was cussin' a blue streak at the wagon when the local preacher walked out of the church across the street. He walked over to Timmy and said "Young man! How dare you take the lord's name in vain. He can hear everything you say, you know."

Timmy says, "How can he hear everything I say when he's up in heaven?"

The preacher said, "Timmy, God is everywhere!"

"Is he in that tree over there?", asks Timmy.

"Yes, he is, Timmy."

"Is he in your church right now?"

"Of course."

"Is he in my wagon, too?"

"Why yes, Timmy, God is even in your wagon."

"Well. Tell him to get his ass out and help push!"

How's that?

kelsi said...

right back at you, monkey man! i'm glad you found me (and even more excited to know that it was because of the car. le sigh.)

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Lisa-We're the lucky ones, we get to read your blog.

Snad-You're getting close, now you gotta buy me lunch and this time I wear the Speedo.

Kelsi-I'm glad I found you too. I dig your blog.

Snad said...

OK, I'll make a deal with you on buying lunch. I'll send you $5.04 (cash or check - your choice) for lunch at Pal's, or else we go in my Saturn and you promise to stay in the back seat with the tinted windows rolled up. And if you agree to do all that AND wear the dog's seat harness, I'll even buy you a shake for dessert. Deal?

Kelsi - he's glad he found you. Now will you two please get a room?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link, Dr. M.! As always, you've warmed my heart, introduced me on to some new funny chicks and helped me promote The Boy's everlasting shame.

Love ya!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Snad-Why are you so afraid of my body? Just accept it and let it wash over you. And leave Kelsi alone or she might kick some booty, oh crap, I forgot she's a pacifist. Oh well.

D Cup-You're welcome and give my best to The Boy.

Angry Ballerina said...

Dude, glad to be of service. I'm thinking about buying coffee cups in bulk and selling them to angry 20 somethings all over, whatcha think, wanna brew the extra hot coffee?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hells yeah

Snad said...

I'm not afraid of your body, Monkey, and you know it. I'm afraid of your SPEEDO. You could put a gal's eye out with one of those things if it splits on you!

And I'm not picking on Kelsi, babe. It's just hard to read the comments through all the Love Drops.