Saturday, December 11, 2010

Where's George?

I went to my local corporate bookstore yesterday to look for a few things and I ended up doing a good deed. I helped George W's new book find it's rightful place on the shelves.

It was sitting in the 'New Books' section when I walked in and that didn't seem right so I took it here:But since he's not really a Christian because after all a real Christian wouldn't condone torture, start a war for oil, and be so awful and heartless towards the poor and working people, so I moved the book on to this section...
Alcoholism is a disease after all. And once and alcoholic, always an alcoholic. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt, he may have quit drinking after that last binge in Germany when he gave German Chancellor Angela Merkel that awkward back rub. So I pressed onwards to find George W a new home...
It didn't seem right to leave him in this section because as a nation we're a long way off from recovering from what he did to us. So we pressed onward...

He seemed at home here because of all the lies he told us while in office. Remember the fiction of that big 'Mission Accomplished ' banner? Even he regrets that fiction now. But still it didn't seem quite right to make that section his final home. So we went looking for a more suitable place...
Finally! Jackpot! Bingo! He was right at home in the 'True Crime' section because when all is said and done his crimes were truly many, he dragged us into two wars, he let corporate greed and corruption go unchecked, he let military contractors rape us and Iraq and Afghanistan, and he let the USA suffer it's most horrific terrorist attack while in office.

So rest easy little George W book, you're finally in the area of the bookstore you can truly call home!

19 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

I think that is indeed the best place for that book.

Thank you for the Christmas card!

Mnmom said...

Next stop, the trash heap

Kim Hambric said...

How very appropriate to be sandwiched between To Have and to Kill and Most Evil.

Surprised you didn't get kicked out of that bookstore.

Missy said...

I am very proud of you!

Blueberry said...

Great job, DrM!!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

subversive shelving! Nicely done, you!

Jay Allbritton said...

Nicely done, Doc.

Anonymous said...

Nice piece of performance art.

jadedj said...

Har! Well done!

Unknown said...

I've only fantasized about doing this. Most excellent work, Dr. Monkey.

dguzman said...

Crap, if only I'd read this before we went to B&N tonight! I could've fixed our store's stock too!

Genius, Dr. M.

Ricky Shambles said...

You are f'ing brilliant. Yes!

intelliwench said...

Are you the person who shelves women's undergarments in the Housewares department at Kohl's, too?

gmb said...

You are the man.

rob4drok said...

Awesome!

Tengrain said...

You rule.

Rgds,

Tengrain

KenPaul66 said...

I'm a Barnes & Noble employee. You may be thinking you made a brilliant "statement" but you just made more work for the salespeople that have to clean up your wittiness.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I only moved one book. And if the employees of the soulless corporate bookstore had any brains, they'd leave that book where I put it. And yes Gay Dating, I'm going to move it again the next time I go in there. So get over yourself.

McGriddle Pants said...

BEST BLOG EVERRRRRRR! You should put the glen beck book "broke" under fiction as well. Rich asshat.