Sunday, May 3, 2009

You can't stop me because I have become a DIY monster

Flush with the success of fixing our sliding screen door on Friday, I tackled another project yesterday. I turned a closet in one of our basement rooms into a garden tool storage space by removing the closet doors and putting up a peg board. I made a frame with some 1 by2's in the closet after I removed the shutter style closet doors. I was able to screw the frame right into the paneling in the closet.
Then I took my pre-cut peg board and I screwed it into the frame.
Then it was just a matter of putting in the pegs to hang stuff on and boo ya, Bob's yer uncle, there you go. We've got a sweet storage space for our garden tools, shoes, shop vac, and other stuff.

10 comments:

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Awesome! I love the photos...I should have done that while cleaning my closet.

Utah Savage said...

Well, I'm just so damned jealous.

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Great Job!

joe said...

Um, if you've got any free time, I've got a few projects here that need to get done..
.. of course, I'd do them myself, but I'm kind of busy these days.. you know, with the blog thing..

themom said...

get out your appointment book...people will be lining up to hire you now.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, Dr. Monkey. You should put up DIY videos...with food too, of course.

Mnmom said...

LOVE IT! You need your own show - where you show DIY stuff, mixed with good stories and political thoughts. You'd be famous.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

wow. can you paint walls???

i can't.

Ricky Shambles said...

Fantastic job! I actually spent the weekend hanging tools on already-existing pegboard. I may have to take a picture because copying is cool.

Feel free to visit my stand-making handiwork from Xmas '08.

Whiskeymarie said...

I pretend to be handy, but I'm afraid of power tools so this project would have been impossible for me. Painting, grouting, singing motivational songs while other people do the work for me...

...not THAT I can handle.