Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Boob Tube Blather


  • I might try but I don't think I could despise Nancy Grace any more than I do right this second. I'm hoping against hope that they sterilized her when she gave birth to the anti-Christ a few months ago.

  • That blonde woman on Show Biz Tonight is running a close second to Nancy Grace in my despise-a-thon.

  • I could not be more pleased that Rachel Maddow's show is kicking major ass. Go Rachel! I always knew that there was room for and that people would flock to a show that was hosted by a smart funny progressive female. Now if only the idiots who run the free networks would give a late night talk show to someone like Amy Sedaris or Sarah Vowell, then we'd be cooking with gas.

  • I love Lost waaaaay more than I should but seriously people, is there a TV network that didn't pick it up as soon as it hit syndication?

  • Remember the good old days when Spike TV used to show back to back to back to back episodes of MXC instead of those skeevy UFC shows? I'd rather see Japanese people get whacked on their heads by cartoonishly oversized things and fall off of stuff than see a couple of trailer park rejects battle it out for meth money.

  • Note to ESPN: it may be wrong of me to wish that Stu Scott and Chris Berman get stuck in solitary confinement in a Turkish prison for the next 20 years but I still wish it just the same.

  • Miley Cyrus makes my ears hurt, my eyes bleed, and she makes the baby Jesus projectile vomit. Oh and is she still dating her dad or what?

  • Attention Fox network, Gordon Ramsay isn't the huge asshole you desperately want to make him out to be. I've seen his shows on BBC America and yes, he says "fuck" a lot but he's actually pretty engaging and watchable on his own.

  • Hey Little Britain guys, I'm really looking forward to Little Britain USA despite the fact that you're letting that awful 'Emily the rubbish transvestite' live on. That character stopped being funny after series one. Bring back the Scottish inn keeper who played the flute and please kill off Emily.

  • Here's my idea to revive Saturday Night Live, make it a fifteen minute show. Just do the opening sketch and forget the rest because the rest of the show sucks, especially Seth Myers.

  • One day in the not too distant future Paula Deen will have to trap, skin, and cook Aretha Franklin in order to keep her side of the pact that she made with Satan to be on TV for so long. Trust me, when it happens, it'll be a mercy killing.

  • Why can't we have more talk shoes like the Graham Norton Show?

  • And finally, are the people who were behind The Kumars at #42 and all those Alan Partridge shows busy doing any shows now? Because if they aren't then they need to be.

14 comments:

Claire said...

OK, I don't know what you're talking about for most of this, but I do love Rachel Maddow's new show.

Mnmom said...

We don't get cable, so I don't know anything about any of these shows. Turn off the boob tube man!! Listen to the radio.

Mnmom said...

PS - I kind of like Paula Deen.

MommyLisa said...

I call my Boo Boo La La Paula Deen cuz she lurves herself some butter! p.p.s. I like her too.

DID YOU KNOW? Seth is the headwriter of that junk? We were talking Saturday with all the old foggies at my house about how SNL used to be WAAAAY better.

News about SNL:
http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/29184694.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnciatkEP7DhUsX

Elizabeth said...

I recorded the first episode of "Little Britain USA" and haven't watched it yet, but I'm with you on Emily.

Also with you on SNL, but I'm way more strict. I stopped liking it in the early '80s. I can barely tolerate it now. If nothing else, they should cut it down to one hour.

I also agree on Gordon Ramsay: he's just blunt. And that's alright with me.

Snad said...

Paula Deen makes me want to scrape my eyes out with the jagged edge of a still hot crossover pipe connected to the rusty muffler that fell off her beer-bellied husband's pick up truck.

Wandering Coyote said...

You don't like Emily? Really? I kinda like Emily, but yes, they should bring back that Scottish inkeeper - he was hilarious!

Dean Wormer said...

You know that Miley Cyrus looks a helluva lot like Hannah Montana.

dguzman said...

I'd rather see Japanese people get whacked on their heads by cartoonishly oversized things and fall off of stuff than see a couple of trailer park rejects battle it out for meth money.

That pretty much describes the vast wasteland that is TV, doesn't it?

NotSoccer Mom said...

yeah, snl hasn't been as funny for a while. weekend update is still my favorite part, though. my son can't understand why i laugh so much but loves to hear me!

joshhill1021 said...

I love Rachel's show and I have to disagree, I kind of like Chris Berman. I don't watch him a lot and maybe that is the key, but he is better than some others on ESPN.

Romius T. said...

wait a minute. i thought you loved miley. I can't be the only one...

Distributorcap said...

american tv sucks
i know,,,,
i live it

GETkristiLOVE said...

What about Project Runway?! I think Jerrel and Kortol are sure to be in the final three.. but then who will be third - Kenley or LeighAnn?