Friday, August 22, 2008

No fair

After having to put up with the bullshit that I encountered at the fair the other day, I decided not to do a long post about the Appalachian Fair. But I am slowly posting all the good photos I took there on Wednesday over on Flickr. Go see them if you like and check out some of my other sets too if you have time. To whet your appetite for pictures of carnival rides, animals in barns, fair exhibits, and fat southerners I'll leave you with this picture of a Mexi-mullet and his baby mama.
I almost asked him to pose for me so I could do his mullet photographic justice but instead I just snapped this photo as they strolled by me with their offspring.

13 comments:

Snad said...

Why, there isn't one picture of a naken child or a security checkpoint here. You don't make a very good terrorist or pedaphile, my friend. Keep trying though. Rhythm and Roots is coming up. Maybe they'll get something on you by then.

Missy said...

LOL, Snad!

That is one fine Mexi-mullet. I am glad you did not keep that to yourself.

I am going to our State Fair on Sunday and I will try not to get accosted by security.

Wandering Coyote said...

That is quite the mullet, isn't it? Quite the couple, actually...

dguzman said...

Ay carramba. My people!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm a little off today. I keep wondering what's in the freezer in the background????

Bradda said...

I totally dig the picnic tablecloth shirt! Awesome...

Snad said...

Oh, hey there Missy! Have some cheese curds and beer for me at the state fair while you stroll through Machinery Hill . And wave at the Ye Olde Mill riders, too.

They don't have any of those at the Appy Fair. And yes, Monkey, I know I still need to make a recording of Ann Reed's State Fair trilogy for you.

Suzy said...

A fair just isn't a fair if it doesn't have deep fried twinkies and deep fried cheese curds. Hell, you can deep fry just about anything and sell it at a fair.

Micgar said...

similar to what Dguzman said-damn,homey that is some mullet!

Elizabeth said...

DANG, that's a fine photo of the mullet even without the pose.

GETkristiLOVE said...

He's got some mulletude, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

I went up & perused ALL your fair photos, Dr. Monkenstein. They were awesome. My fav was 3 asses!! Because of the witty contained w/in the caption mostly. LOL!

Angry Ballerina said...

Pics like that make me happy.