Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stars in my eyes

My blog bud from across the pond PJ saw fit to bestow another award on me. She named me one of her Blog Stars. How sweet is she? She seems to like my naughty jokes, my insane posts, and my blog as a whole, I wonder how she feels about the anus as a hole though. I've been a long time fan of hers and I could not be more grateful for this honor, it means alot to me especially since it comes from someone who I like so much. PJ, if you ever get to my part of TN, then you better come over for supper so I can cook for you.

The nice part of these blog awards is I get to now pass this award on to five others who I feel are my blog stars. Ready? Ok then, here we go:

1) Beth at Cup of Coffey gets one for her concert reviews, for her Friday mix tapes, and for her comments. No one rocks it like Beth rocks it.

2) Katie "Jewgirl" Schwartz gets one for being the funniest, Jewiest, craziest gal on the planet. Her menses reports crack me up and if I ever need a laugh I just click on her vagina poll from this past summer, I howl every time I read it.

3) Angry Ballernia gets one for being such an angry poignant smart funny highly entertaining twentysomething gal. On her off days she's better than most of us but don't tell her I said that or it may go to her head.

4) My little blog sister Fran of FranIAm gets one for being such a blog force for good. In a few short months Fran has taken the blog world by storm by being nice, compassionate, and so darn good that it makes me feel bad that I'm such an evil cranky bastard monkey sometimes. She's inspired an army of followers and readers and I hope she'll lead them well.

5) If Fran is my little blog sister then D Cup is my female blog alter ego, so she gets my final Blog Star award for writing such great political posts, for sharing such funny and touching stories about her family, and for just being a stand up chick in a world gone terribly wrong. I confess to checking her blog several times daily hoping that she'll post new content, what can I say, I go for the boobs but I stay for the commentary. You had me a double D, madam, you had me at double D.

*******
I hope these women will pass this along to others and not let it sit and get all moldy. All six of you ladies rock my blog world and I'm ever so glad that you do what you do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, you beautiful monkey. Thank you.

I feel honored to be considered by you and to be in such fab company.

pissed off patricia said...

Congratulations to one and all :)

Fran said...

Oh my dear cheeky Dr. Monkey how I adore you. Thanks for this honor. How do I end up on this esteemed list? Wow.

You really helped me with my blogging so much... First from a practical viewpoint -ahem do we all recall the days before she could hyperlink?

More importantly, you were like a star to me (sentimentality alert) because around the time I first started writing and visiting blogs I was so damn discouraged.

One time I recall leaving a comment on a post of yours saying I was leaving the country. You replied by saying that you were going to stay and fight for what was yours.

That hit me and hit me hard. So I stayed (well I wasn't really leaving but...), I wrote and here we are.

So thank you dear Monkey. Must run, I am on page 280 of a very compelling and slightly naughty book that I must finish. What happens after Amy stumbles down those last steps, I wonder?

Let me go find out!

Monkey smooches and hugs to you.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

D Cup-No dear, thank you.

Pissed-Ain't they great?

Fran-Go, read, then spread the word about my novel.

Angry Ballerina said...

Yup, it went to my head. Thanks!

Cup said...

Me? Really???? Why, thank you, doll! I'm quite flattered.

And I'm about to leave town for an office retreat. I'll spend those productive hours producutively bestowing the award to five bloggers.

CONGRATS ... and THANKS!!!!!