Monday, July 4, 2016

Grilling with Dr. Monkey

I read on a reputable website that I trust about how to grill the best steak you've ever eaten.  So I decided to follow what they did and to try it.  Here are my results:


They dry aged their steak in the refrigerator for 4 to five days so I did the same.  I got a regular ribeye and left in the fridge for four days.  This is what it looked like on day 1.

Day 2.

Day 3.

Day 4.

I lit my grill and let it heat up and then I grilled my steak that I had put some salt and pepper on, since my heart attack we only eat red meat a couple times a month instead of a couple of times a week, and instead of having a steak like this each, we split it and have a big salad or other summer vegetables with it.

Okay, there's my steak after I grilled it.  I let it rest and then I sliced it up and served it.

Verdict: Meh.  This was by far not the best steak ever.  The dry aging process added nothing to it that I can tell expect maybe some dryness.  I may have grilled it too long or used a smaller cut than I should have for this process.  It came out kind of dry and just meh.  But I'm willing to try it again with a bigger cut of steak, maybe a bone in ribeye or a thicker cut.  So far I am not impressed but I'm willing to try again.

No comments: