Monday, October 14, 2013

What I'm watching

The Goldbergs is hands down my favorite new comedy of this current season.  It's a warm hearted but still very funny look at a family in Philadelphia in the early to mid 1980's.  The whole cast is a winner but standouts are Wendi Mclendon-Covey as the mother who loves her kids a little too much and the high strung middle son, Troy Gentile.  I love this show.

I just started watching thi s show my the PBS Roku channel and I love it all ready.  It's a British show about a young country gal who goes to work in a department store and all sorts of interpersonal dramas develop.  We're treated to all the usual British class struggles, male/female struggles, and business antics.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

The first two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. kicked ass.  I hope the rest of them live up to the promise of the first two.  And Ming Na-Wen, hubba hubba to infinity and beyond.
 Sleepy Hollow is bat shit crazy, in a good way.  It's campy, over the top, and full of good old fashion gonzo storytelling.  And it's got Nicole Beharie, what more could you want?
 I really loved the second series of the British import The Syndicate.   I enjoyed the first series too but it was a bit melancholy, this series has it's dramatic moments, lots of them in fact, but it ends on a happy positive note.  It's on HuluPLUS.
We're finally getting around to watching Treme.  We've blown through the first season and are into the second and we're liking it very much.  It's what we've come to expect from HBO, it's compelling interesting well done drama.  I love the locations and the music.  And Kim Dickens and Lucia Micarelli, double hubba hubba.

5 comments:

phairhead said...

I was curious about The Goldbergs and I since you gave it the Dr. Monkey Stamp o' Approval, I am going to check it out.

Wings1295 said...

Goldbergs is fun, hope it stays that way. And I am glad Sleepy Hollow is embracing the horror. My wife and daughter like the Shield show, I am not a huge Marvel fan, so I can take it or leave it.

brewella deville said...

I've been enjoying Jeff Garlin's podcast, In Conversation. Do you listen to it?

Who you callin' housewife? said...

Will have to do the Goldbergs. Thy Syndicate looks like my kind of thing. I'm glad you're around to sort this kind of stuff out for me.

And, once again, thank you for Clatterford.

gmb said...

I see billboards and broadsides for "The Goldbergs" all over the subways, but I thought it was going to be a jewish version of "Everyone Loves Raymond" (not me). Surprised to hear that it's good. Now I will see if I can catch an episode.