Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Monkey movie review

Wow. I loved this haunting and affecting film from Argentina. I can't put into words how much I love this film and it's two female leads.

The basic plot of this non linear film is as follows: the pretty young daughter of a well connected Buenos Aires judge falls in love with her family's beautiful young maid. The only problem is that all the men connected with the young maid end up falling for her and having sex with her as well. But she really loves the young girl who loves her so ardently. They plan to escape Argentina and the troubled maid's past but things go awry. The daughter escapes but comes back to rescue her love. Toss in lots of intrigue, a false arrest, a house of ill repute, lots of smoldering looks, tender kisses, cuddling, big fat wet tears, revelations, and a few other twists and you've got yourself one heck of a movie.

It's no wonder that men and women alike kept falling for the maid, played by Mariela Vitale Emme. I fell in love with her the second I saw her myself. I ask you, how could you not fall for this magnificent specimen?

See? You want her too. You know you do. Well, I'm happy to report that not only is she smokin' hot, she can act too. She's very good in this film. She tough, tender, sexy, vulnerable, guilty, shy, and much more in this role.

Equally good is the super cute gamine waif Ines Efron as the daughter who risks everything for love.
The director of this fine film is a woman by the name of Lucía Puenzo. She also directed the film XXY, which is about a intersex girl, played by Ms. Efron. It's also on Netflix instant streaming and HuluPlus, which means I must see it soon.

I highly recommend this film by Ms. Puenzo, The Fish Child.

No comments: