As I've said before, I'm loving my Roku and the sweet channels we get on it. We're signed up on Netflix streaming, HuluPlus, and everything else we get on the Roku is free.
We haven't been watching many movies on Netflix or HuluPlus because we've been too busy catching up with or discovering new TV shows that we missed, especially British comedies. Here's a partial list of what we've been watching on Netflix and HuluPlus lately:
- Breaking Bad-I'm watching this one alone because Sparky doesn't like the violence so much.
- Murder in Suburbia
- Red Dwarf-this a a clever British sci fi comedy from the late '80's that has a well deserved cult like following.
- That Mitchell and Webb Look
- Worst Week of My Life
- Catherine Tate Show
- The Librarians-A hilarious show about a dysfunctional library in an Australian town.
- Book Group-A sweetly comic show about a lonely American gal living in Scotland who starts a book club that attracts a group of misfits.
- The Booth on the End
- Pulling-This dark comedy is one of the best things that has ever been produced by the BBC.
- The Chamomile Lawn
- Whites-A BBC produced slice of life comedy set in the kitchen of a fine dining restaurant.
- Monarch of the Glen
- Dead Like Me
- The Kumars at #42
- White Teeth-Re-watching this one, I had forgotten how great it was and how much I loved it.
- Upstairs, Downstairs-I was 10 when this first started airing in the USA, so I missed out on it.
- Twin Peaks
- Parks and Recreation
- Modern Family
If you're still paying for cable TV through some shyster company like Charter Cable or you're paying for satellite that doesn't work when it rains or snows, then you are a sucker. Buy a wireless router and a Roku box and stream Netflix and HuluPlus.