Monday, June 20, 2011

Save your breath

I mean it. Save your breath if you're going to come here and tell me I need to get back on the Obama bandwagon because it's not going to happen. I'm not going to vote for him, blog for him, or support him in any way. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

"But Monkey! Think of what will happen if the Republicans take the White House!" Really? You're going to use scare tactics on me? Okay then, first off, a Republican already sits in the White House. Obama has caved on everything and he's moved to the right to appease the Republicans who will never ever agree to anything he wants. So what happens is they move further to the right and he moves along with them hoping they'll agree to work on something with him, which they won't so they move further to the right and he moves...well you get the idea.

Obama has refused to stand firm on closing Gitmo, ending the war, and in fact he's widened the wars and his latest indignity is he's violating the War Powers Act in Libya so he can appear big and manly and strong in front of the Republicans who will hate him no matter what he does. Obama caved on health care, he had the votes for single payer but was too much of a wuss to stand and fight. He caved on tax cuts for the rich and he'll cave and let the right wing carve up Medicare and starve off Social Security. I have no faith in him whatsoever. He will not do the right thing by the people, he'll do what the big money donors and the corporate powers want him to do.
So knowing that's my position, don't bother telling me I should support this fraud of a Democrat. He's a dangerous as Bush was and he's going to get worse. And you know what? He'll probably have me investigated for writing this piece against him.

And for the record, I'm not voting for any Republican or for Ron Paul. I'm voting for a true progressive, and I'll let you know who that is when I find them.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Go Dr. Monkey!
I can respect that. Keep up the great work.
BTW, I'm surprised that my site hasn't been flagged yet for hardcore comments and "disturbing" images.
LOL!

Professor Chaos said...

God. It's so depressing. I can't believe I let hiim get my hopes up.

gmb said...

Yep. And he didn't cave. He lied. He is governing as he intended.

Random Thinker said...

Let me know when you find someone worth voting for.