Thursday, April 14, 2011

Work in progress

Watching that documentary on Basquiat the other night inspired me to start making some art again. So I've combined my hound linocut with ransom note style letters and I've come up with a series I'm calling my 'ist' series.

They are all going to be different shades and saturations of red, green, blue, or black. They'll all have one of the following words that end in 'ist' under the linocut: Resist, Insist, Desist, Exist.
Resist will all be shades of red.

Insist will all be shades of green. Desist will be shades of blue and Exist will be shades of black.

All of these pieces are being done on thin cardboard (the kind they use to back comic books with when they bag them) and they are 8.5" by 11". Each piece is one of a kind and is signed, numbered, and dated on the back.

They are available for $25 each, two or more for $20 each, and or a set of all four for $75. Shipping and handling is $3 for a single piece to US addresses and will be slightly higher to Canada and other non US addresses. There is no shipping and handling fee on multiples going to the same address. I accept PayPal, personal checks, money orders, and I'm willing to trade some pieces with other artists. Contact me via email if you'd like to purchase one or more of these new works, or any of my other sketches or collages. My address is monkeymuckATgmail DOTcom, or drop me a line on Facebook.

Thanks.

No comments: