First, you have to go read this shitty piece of journalism on The Huffington Post.
Back so soon? Good. Glad to have you back. Did you notice how the author said the Appalachian region was impoverished? Yes, there is poverty here but there is poverty everywhere but only our region is impoverished. And did you notice how he made a point of saying that guy who is sending musical instruments back to his home town in WVA managed to 'escape' Appalachia? That writer loves to make sweeping generalizations based on decades old data. And he likes to smear whole regions based on a small fraction of what goes on there. So let's be like that writer and come up with stuff about other countries and states! Feel free to add more stuff in the style of that shitty Huffpo piece in the comments!
Here's my contributions:
- Some people on the eastern sea board of Canada are addicted to drugs and alcohol so that means everybody in Canada is drunk and on drugs! That must be why they have that socialist health care, those damn dirty drunk drug addled Canucks.
- Many organized crime figures lived and worked in New York city. So obviously that means that everyone in NYC is in the mafia.
- Drug violence is out of control in some border towns in Mexico, so it stands to reason that Mexico is a one big cesspool of narcotics and violence.
- Soccer hooligans once ran wild in the streets of Britain, so using the Huffpo logic that means that everyone in Britain is a soccer hooligan who loves to fight and stay drunk.
- Some people in California smoke marijuana and have sex with people of their own gender, so every one in Cali is a stoned homosexual. It's true!