Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spectrum


I discovered the coolest books at my local library yesterday. They are part of a series of books called Spectrum. These oversize books are filled with nothing but the best in contemporary fantasy art.

For a guy who grew up on comic books, Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, and Heavy Metal magazines, these books are a sumptuous visual treat. I scanned some of my favorites out of the books and here's some of my favorites of those favorites.

I love this vision of the future.

This one knocked me out it was so good.

I love how every ethnicity is represented in the art in this series of books.

Communist monkey for the win!

I saw that Spectrum 16 is out. Perhaps my local library will add that one to their fine collection as well, hint hint.

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I buy these every year after discovering them a decade ago. The high quality glossy paper and photography are terrific. I am so jealous of artistic talent like that. I would totally trade my soul for that ability.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff! I will have to go and pick one up! :)