Monday, April 12, 2010

Scavenge of the week

I spied an old beat up cart at my local recycling area the other day. Upon closer inspection it looked like the kind of thing Sparky might like, we dig re-purposing funky old stuff, so I loaded it in the car, took it to the car wash. washed it off, and brought it home.

My instincts were right, Sparky liked it and she decided to give it light coat of cranberry spray paint to give it a little pop of color.
We decided to stick it on the front porch.
And here it is with a rosemary plant and a potted geranium in it:
Scavenging rules.

7 comments:

Blueberry said...

Scavenging does rule!

Anonymous said...

So jealous! And it looks great!

Danny and I scavenge too. In Newfoundland, there are certain days during the year when the city will pick up large items, so everyone puts outs unwanted furniture and the like. I'm just waitin' for it to happen again so I can find some good stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

If you ever come to Ottawa I have a great group of friends to introduce you to who have made a fine art out of scavenging and re-purposing. They are absolute masters. Like the guy who has built a 7-foot inukshuk in his livingroom out of old stereo receivers, turntables and speakers.One of them actually works.

Wings1295 said...

Cool save! Would also be great to hold a cooler or bucket with ice and drinks!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Beautiful! Some of my favourite pieces in my own place, including the yellow Muskoka chair on the front porch were scavenged from the garbage.

MommyLisa said...

Awesome save...love the color Sparky selected.

gmb said...

Great find, great repurposing. Color me green with envy. In NYC that would probably sell for $200+ in some antiques or "eco-positive" store. Hey, now there's an idea, no?