Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Monkey Movie Review

We saw this film last night:
It's a cute film that based on the events surrounding the first time that California wines beat French wines in a blind taste test. I vaguely remember this event from my youth so the movie was a shade nostalgic for me. Yes boys and girls, I was around in 1976. In fact, I was 14 at the time.

Rickman is good as the snobby British expat who gets the idea to have French wines go up against American ones. He's droll, and pitch perfect for this part. Dennis Farina is surprisingly good. And both the young female leads are fine and super easy on the eyes.

I had a problem with two things about this movie. One, I thought the pacing of the film was a bit slow at times. And two, the wig that they put on Chris Pine was hideous. It was almost as bad as the toupees they stick on the dome of over actor Nicholas Cage.

If you're into wine and wine culture it's a cute film that you'll find likable, otherwise, forget about it.

1 comment:

MommyLisa said...

Thanks - I was wondering about this movie. Would probably have eventually watched it just for Alan Rickman...he can be funny & devilish at the same time. I like that combo.