Saturday, February 6, 2010

The best jokes are the ones you keep repeating

There is a great organization in my area called Dawn of Hope. They help mentally disabled people get around, get them jobs, and help mainstream them into life with others. We see their vans all the time and we drive by their HQ quite frequently. When I see their vans or the sign out in front of their HQ I say in my best grown up serious voice, whether I'm with someone or not, "Dawn of hope...afternoon of despair...evening of quiet resignation." It never fails to crack me up.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Every winter when it gets really really cold you can drive by the 'Flea Market' store in our town. It's a store where things are cheaper and more terribly made than the 99 cent store. It's seriously low rent. Like some back alley shop in the poorest part of Cairo if you can imagine. Without fail, when customers are low because it's just too damn cold to be out shopping anywhere, let alone 'Hell's Boutique' - the owner has one of his many children out in the flea costume, made to be worn in the heat of Egypt with a sign that says she can come inside only when ten people join her for the fabulous deals within. It always makes me laugh to see this poor desert flea girl shaking from hypothermia and hoping that someone or ten someones take pity on her. I am laughing thinking about it now. It doesn't make me a horrible person. It just makes me a person who can't recognize a good deal when he sees one.

Wings1295 said...

I guess I am just as bad, cause I laughed at the Doc's post. And at Cal's comment.

K.Line said...

Hilarious. I'm smiling just imagining it.

Anonymous said...

If ever there was a comment waiting to be turned into a novel, Cal's is it. That's awesome.