Monday, January 11, 2010

200 collages

I've been saving a lot of the pictures I've been scanning lately and I'm putting them to work in a project I began a few days ago. I've set a goal of making two hundred 8 1/2" x 11" or 11" x 8 1/2" collages on cardboard. I'm using the cardboard that's usually used to slide in behind comic books after you put them in their little plastic bag.

Why 200 collages you ask? Because on free account on Flickr one gets to put up 200 photos. I use Flickr because they have that strip that one can make and put on ones blog(s). I still don't trust them however so I'm backing up all my scans of my collages on my Facebook account and I'll also put them on my various blogs so I'll have them on Picassa and Tumblr as well. Get burned once by the asswipes at Flickr and one learns a hard lesson about backing stuff up online. When I amass enough collages I'll start a separate Flickr account for them but for now the ones I've made are in my other Flickr account with some of the other art I've made.

I make these collages not for financial gain, although if any of you wants to buy one or more they are for sale and details on how to contact me will follow shortly, but because I like to make things and be creative. I shied away from making art for long periods of time either because I had no place to make it or because I didn't want to hear the horrid criticisms of the pack of Philistine hyenas that are the cousins I grew up with. Around the turn of the century I had a burst of art making and then I stopped for reasons that I can't remember now. After I had my heart surgery I began making art once more and then I stopped due to our big move. And now that we've got plenty of room and I have plenty of images to work with, I'm making art once more. We'll see how this project goes.

If you'd like to buy one or more of my collages, and they are all initialed on the front, signed, titled, and numbered on the back, then shoot me an email to monkeymuckATgmailDOTcom and we'll work out how to pay me (hint hint, I have a Paypal account but I'll also take personal checks, drawn on US banks only, if you don't like Paypal. All of the collages are $30. Shipping may be included depending on where you live, however all orders outside of the USA must pay for shipping.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Cool stuff, Doc! Kudos to you for being creative and doing what you want to do!