Friday, August 28, 2009

Project Runway and Models of the Runway update

It's finally back. My favorite 'reality' show, Project Runway.

The move to LA hasn't seemed to hurt it, other than the easy access it offers to slimy starlets like Lindsay Lohan that is. The move to Lifetime hasn't hurt it either, although I'm really hatin' on all the ads for Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives. It's still the same show with Tim and Heidi and all the bitchy designers, so far none of whom have leaped out at me like they have in season's past. Although having said that I really like the work so far of Althea and that brunette from Texas who won the latest challenge. And as usual, the designers from New York city act like they know everything and like they are god's gift to fashion.

The move to Lifetime has brought my beloved Project Runway one great new feature, and that great new feature is the spin off show Models of the Runway. Models shows us what goes on behind the scenes with the models on this years show. They dish on each other, the designers, and everything in between and each week they get chosen again by the designers so none of them are safe.

While I don't have a clear favorite designer yet, I've got two favorite models and they are:
Erika the red headed minx

and the lovely Tanisha.

Both are super hubba hubba and I hope both make it to the end because I'm not tired of seeing either of them yet. However I am already tired of seeing Vanessa Fitzgerald and I hope she gets cast aside next week, she reminds me of one of those women who's sense of entitlement is as big as the Grand Canyon and who expects us to bow down to her because she's 'pretty' and 'fragile.' Ick, she makes me sick.

Like last season I'll be doing my half assed recaps when I see fit and I have no intention of warning you if I put a spoiler in my updates. If I write about it before you see it, then tough titty. I know, I'm one mean mo-fro, deal with it.

9 comments:

erin said...

I am so glad it's back on. I watched The Fashion Show and it was so sad in comparison.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You go on with your bitchy self, bitch. Suffice it to say that once again we are separted at birth. Loves me some Project Runway...one of the only reality shows where you have to produce something to keep progressing through the season. Gotta check out the model search too because if there is one thing I love more than catty designers its catty cloths hangers. Eat a radish and shut up I always say.

Keith said...

This is actually the first season I've watched the show. I've been catching up on previous seasons. I'm really loving it.

Claire said...

I couldn't even get through one episode of "The Fashion Show". I haven't seen the Lifetime "PR" yet, but I will try to see it soon. Meanwhile, I'm duly warned on the recaps. You're a cruel man, but fair.

Snad said...

I know nothing of this show, but somebody needs to either learn how to properly retouch a photo or properly gank Escher.

Poor Tanisha's breasts look like they could fit a Hyundai between them while still poking your eye out.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You love telling me you never watch Project Runway Snad. Okay, I get it, you never watch Project Runway. And it doesn't matter how many times you tell me you don't watch it, I watch it, I love it, and I'll do more blog posts about it.

Elizabeth said...

I've been laughing about all the tacky ads! Centrum Silver! Pregnancy tests that spell out P.R.E.G.N.A.N.T.! All the gay boys must be sticking their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes, and shouting 'I CAN'T hear you!"

ReRe said...

dr. monkey loves PR?! every day you give me a new reason to love you!

at first i wasn't sure what i'd think of the model show, but i dig it a lot!

MommyLisa said...

I love the models show so much. It is genius.