Sunday, February 22, 2009

It'll be a veggie explosion

I've bought the following packets of seeds for our garden:
  • Sweet Basil*
  • Bounty Basil
  • Onion-Red Blush variety
  • Leek*
  • Curly Spinach*
  • Chives*
  • Bibb Lettuce*
  • Broccoli*
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Radish*
  • Summer Mix Lettuce
  • Carrot*
  • Butternut Squash
  • Cucumber*
  • Zucchini*
  • Poblano Peppers
  • Red Cayenne Peppers
  • Jalapeno Peppers*

(The * denotes seeds that are organic.)

I'll be starting most of the seeds in containers this week and hopefully in about a month/month and a half I'll be able to plant the seedlings outside. I'm digging having a back yard big enough for a garden. Now if only spring would get here and stay here I'd be tickled pink.

10 comments:

splord said...

What, no scallions?

Chris said...

Note to self: When going to the Johnson City office this summer, take a paper bag and pillage Monkey's back yard while he's at work.

Dr Zibbs said...

I wish I had enough sunlight in my house to do this.

lisahgolden said...

You are going to have so much fun gardening this year!

Remember to progressively plant as much as you can - spacing out, doing a row of something each week so it's not all ready to be harvested at once. You don't want all your beans at one time, for example. Unless you're going to can and freeze.

Are you going to can and freeze?

Nag, nag, nag.

Distributorcap said...

all we grow around here is dust

libhom said...

That reminds me that I need to order this year's heirloom seeds.

Wandering Coyote said...

I'm going to attempt gardening once more this year. I have a while before I need to think of seeds, however.

Pyzahn said...

Geez, you must have a big yard...and no rabbits.

If you also grow some eggplant, then you can make ratatouille. (Love saying that word, but it's hard as heck to spell.)

Anonymous said...

Throw in a couple of roma tomatoes. They make the best sauce and are very tasty in salads.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i hope you have tons of room for zucchini plants. they take over like a bad 50's sci-fi movie monster.