Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Thank you" doesn't hardly cover it...

...but it'll have to do right now.

Many thanks go out to my Aunt Gail and Uncle Bob for getting us a gift card to Lowe's. We got, from left to right, a bag of potting soil, 2 rug pads, a bottle of toilet cleaner for the half bath, a two pack of smoke detectors, 3 door stops, a can of Johnson's paste wax, a 10 pack of double A batteries, a two pack of nine volt batteries for the smoke detectors (I don't trust the ones that come with them), a new toilet seat for the half bath, 4 six packs of pansies, a mini jade plant, and an ivy plant. Bob and Gail are some of the few relatives on my Mom's side that still have contact with me and they've always been super supportive of me and my brothers and sister. Thanks again for the great card you guys sent us and for the gift card.

7 comments:

K.Line said...

They're like cookies for your new home!!

themom said...

Thatsa nice! I don't have family to do nice things for me...you accept gratefully what you do have.

Elizabeth said...

It's nice to have supportive, generous family members.

Chris said...

I love special surprises like that. Did you get the 10% discount from Lowes when you filled out your change of address card at the USPS? We used that when we moved here and I think they regretted it!

Snad said...

Heh, heh. You said "pansies".

Missy said...

Oh that is so lovely!

Mnmom said...

I always liked Aunt Gail and Uncle Bob - they rock!!!