Friday, November 9, 2007

What's in a name? (A through H edition)

I may not patronize them but I love beauty salons. Well that's not strictly true, I actually love the names people give their salons. The following is a partial list of salons in my area. I swear I am not making any of the names up. They're as real as that bad hair cut you got that time.

  1. A Cut Above (There are three of these in my area.)

  2. A Look of Distinction

  3. Al's Place

  4. Ballistic Hair

  5. Bangs Hair Studio

  6. Bertha's Salon (Apparently there are still women alive who bear the name of Bertha.)

  7. Betty's World of Hair Design

  8. Bogies

  9. Butler Beauty Bar (Sounds like a sex toy, doesn't it?)

  10. Charlie Charley Hair Salon ("Charlie Charley," sounds like a rejected David Bowie song title.)

  11. Country Charm Hair Designers ("Bowl cuts for all youngin's under 8!")

  12. Curl Up & Dye Hair Studio

  13. Cut Loose

  14. Cut N Crew (Didn't they have s hit song once?)

  15. Cuttin' Up Hair Studio

  16. Cutups Hair and Nail Salon

  17. Deanna's Hair Shack ("I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your hair shack down!")

  18. Explosive Hair

  19. Fatal Beauty Hair Design

  20. Get The Look

  21. Hair Benders

  22. The Hair Closet

  23. Hair Directors

  24. The Hair Force 2

  25. Hair Illusions

  26. Hair To Please

  27. Heaven Sent Hair Salon

  28. Heads Together

  29. Heads Up

  30. House of Hair

And here's one that's not too far from el Casa de Monkey:


10 comments:

Claire said...

No Shear Genius, Shear Madness, Shear Splendor? I'm a little disappointed.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

It was A through H dear. The rest will come later.

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that each place that starts with someone's name is a novel just waiting to be written. A ridiculously bad novel that would be made into a movie starring Dolly Parton and Kathy Bates, but a novel none the less.

Fran said...

The Butler Beauty Bar is both a face soap and a sex toy.

Trust me- worth every penny.

Micgar said...

Near our home: "Hair's to You" "Hair Addiction" "Hair Brain Salon" (no kidding!)"Hair Encounters" "Hair Force" and "Hair We Are"

Distributorcap said...

we Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow......
(for the Telly Savalas crew i suppose)

Freida Bee said...

Curl Up & Dye is my favorite.

You have just enlightened me to the endless possibilities of blog fodder my local phone book could offer!

Dale said...

Hilarious. When you run out of hair salon names, have a look at some Scrapbookin' store names I came across some time ago.

dguzman said...

There's a new place called Myers' Dye-N-Style down the road from me. I figure that's along the same lines as Curl Up & Dye.

Deepti said...

I think I can beat all of those names in terms of shear (smirk) ridiculousness with the following:
"Pinski's Palace of Pain and Beauty". This place is near my parents' house, and boggles my mind every time I drive by.