Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Inside el Casa de Monkey

It's time that I dropped the curtain on my glittering lifestyle and let you the unwashed masses have a peek inside my life here at el Casa de Monkey. Please do your best not to get jealous and please keep in mind that I got all my things via hard work and clean living, not by theft or mind control as some would have you believe.

So, let's start in the living room.

As you can see I have spared no expense on decorating. The various shades of green in the living room soothe my sometimes tired eyes. This is as far as most of you will ever get should you ever find your way to my spacious and lovely abode. I will allow you to sit on the couch but only after I verify that you have had all your shots.

Just off the living room is the den. This is where I unwind by having a cocktail, watching TV, or practicing my disco dancing moves, one has to keep up with the latest dance craze you know. As you can see I keep a roaring fire going year around. It's none of your business who or what I burn in the fireplace.

Right outside the den is my personal exercise area. I keep fit by playing shuffleboard and by chasing the neighborhood children out of my yard.



I get pretty hungry after working out and cursing at children so by the time I get done my manservant, Barron Manseid, usually has a snack ready for me. Here he is serving up my favorite after workout dish, deep fried brown ooze on noodles.



He fixes all my meals in this state of the art kitchen. As you can see I am a good employer, I allow him to keep a life size photo of the family he never sees anymore, because he works for me 24/7, in my kitchen.


I usually take my meals on my dining room table and Barron, when not serving me, stands discreetly out of my line of vision and sings various operatic arias as I eat. I find it aids in my digestion.


Here is another meal he often prepares for me. It's called turnover surprise with gravy with a side of souffle. The turnover usually contains a different main ingredient every time to insure I never tire of the dish, isn't Manseid the greatest?

Here is where I do the hard work of blogging all day long. This is the nerve center of my empire, my office. Sometimes when I am in a playful mood I take one of the masks off the wall and I sneak down the hall and I come up behind Manseid and I shout gibberish at him when he does not suspect it. We laugh and laugh about it later.


So, as you can see there is nothing sinister going on here at el Casa de Monkey. There are no teenagers being kept against their will in the basement, no small Brazilian children are being used for any types of experiments, and certainly no dogs or cats are ever being harmed on my property. Thanks for stopping by and come again but only if you make an appointment well in advance.

10 comments:

Jess Wundrun said...

You can say there are no Brazilian teenagers kept in your basement, yet one can parse this statement several ways.

A)There ARE teens in your basement, but they are Bangladeshi or Swiss

2]You did not show us the basement at Casa del Monkey.

Moving on, do we have the same decorator?

Fran said...

Well that is a dizzying array of fine mid-century design choices you have going on there Dr. Monkey.

And Manseid sounds like the "must have" manservant accessory of the year! Where can I get one?

I am curious where the GF eats while you solo dine on soufle surprise, but maybe that is none of my beeswax.

And Jess called it before I got to it... just why is the basement left unseen and what is this rumor I hear of teenagers kept their according to their will, along with some small children from Burkina Faso and Bahrain?

Anonymous said...

or perhaps they are not teenagers....yet.

what about the garage? surely a high-styling monkey of the world such as yourself would have an interesting and exciting garage. but i guess we are not worthy.

sigh.

Splotchy said...

my favorite after workout dish, deep fried brown ooze on noodles

Hey, mine too!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Jess-I stand behind my statements and my basement if off limits to all, even to my manservant. And yes, we may very well have the same decorater.

Fran-I refuese to answer any of your wild accusations!

Commander-What's in my garage stays in my garage.

Splotchy-Who in their right mind doesn't love deep fried brown ooze?

Fran said...

The fact that you spelled refuse incorrectly tells me you have something to hide, you dastardly simian you!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Fran-The fact I spelled refuse wrong is due to my sausage like fingers. Thanks for mocking my typing skills though.

Joe said...

Swanky with a capital "S"!

pissed off patricia said...

I love how you kept the 50s-60s decor in such good shape.

We only have "fried brown ooze on noodles" on special occasions like Christmas. You are so lucky. I'm trying not to be jealous. So far, it's working

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Oh what a wonderful post.