Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Can I get a straight answer please?

Was it just me or did hardly any of the candidates answer a direct question tonight? Did most all of them try to slide into their campaign trail patter every time? It was fucking maddening. And yes, even my beloved Dennis Kucinich was guilty of it as well.


The moment that really got me though was when Dodd and Obama had their little tiff about foreign policy and the thug in charge of things in Pakistan. It was so clear that Dodd thought he was putting an 'uppity' negro in his place. He kept giving Obama that "Oh he doesn't know what he's talking about because he not a rich old white guy like me" look. And then when Obama was giving his comeback to crazy old Grandpa Dodd's mud slinging, Dodd kept gesturing as if to say, "Why that boy is crazy! He don't know what he's saying. Shut him up and let me talk." It's not like I agree with what Obama was saying, and he was saying the we should invade Pakistan if we know Bin Laden is there and the Thug in Chief General Whatshisname won't go after him, it's just that once again a condescending rich old white guy from the Northeast won't let a black man speak.
I loved it when the union crowd booed Biden and Hillary. They know he's another irrelevant rich white guy from a state that exists because multinational corporations need a place to incorporate that won't charge them too much for doing so, when he spoke about walking the picket lines and being a friend of labor I nearly tossed up my supper. The crowd also knew Hillary is a tool of the multi national corporate overlords who won't hesitate to be just as bad as Bush. If you think she'll cancel NAFTA, take the profit motive out of health care, and end the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, then you probably think David Hasslehoff is a great singer and that American Idol rules!!!

Even though Special K skirted some questions so he could insert his campaign speak, I still think he won the debate. Maybe I'm prejudiced but since he was the only actual union member on that stage tonight and since he's the only one of the candidates I've gotten to see live and in person, speak to, and shake hands with, and since he is the only candidate who will cancel NAFTA, remove the profit motive from health care, and start to remove troops the day he takes office, he's got my vote.


And now because this is my blog and not yours, here are some gratuitous photos of the lovely Elizabeth Kucinich, seriously though, could you imagine this glamorous woman as our next First Lady? Hubba hubba.

8 comments:

Some Guy said...

Agreed. It saddens me how Kucinich gets written off so easily all the time. Sure, he's short and a little weird, but he's bold and articulate and right on so many things. I agree with him on more of the issues than anyone else.

Evil Spock said...

Thank you for the gratuitous pics of Mrs. Kucinich . . .

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Chris-It pisses me off how the media treats Kucinich too.

Evil Spock-I did it for you my man, well for me, Samurai Frog, and you.

pissed off patricia said...

I hope you didn't watch Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning. If you did your tv screen probably has a bullet hole in it now. They spoke horrible of Kucinich.

His wife is indeed a knock out. I believe she could handle being first lady way better then Thompson's wife.

Life As I Know It Now said...

Kucinich has my vote!

Jess Wundrun said...

Rumor has it that the next debate will be conducted with Howie Mandel as the moderator and all candidates' answers will be given by their own personal cheer squad.


Rah rah ree! kick 'em in the knee!
Rah rah rass! kick 'em in the other knee!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Pissed-The only show on MSNBC I can stand is Countdown.

Liberality-Yay!

Jess-That's not too far off.

joshhill1021 said...

Hey monkey I want to get on that list of who you posted Elizabeth Kucinish for. I love redheads, it is really probably my only weakness, women wise. And oh yeah what is is with women with the first name of Elizabeth whose husbands are running, Elizabeth Edwards and Elizabeth Kucinich, both are awesome women.