Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ragin' Eyes

This clip from the old NBC David Letterman show is a classic. It's got Nick Lowe and Rockpile doing a great rockabilly song 'Ragin' Eyes.' You've got to love Nick's mullet and black eyebrows and his twangy singing. Also Paul Carrick, a one time member of Squeeze, tears up that electric piano. All of them rip it up, well as much as NBC would allow them to rip it up anyway.

If you ever pass a white Scion XA on the road and a fat blonde haired guy and a good looking brunette are bebopping and singing at the top of their lungs, it's probably me and my gf listening to this song on my Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe CD. What can I say, we both dig that crazy rockabilly beat!

3 comments:

Cup said...

Basher is DA BOMB! So is Mr. Lowe. We have the same birthday; he's exactly ten years older than I. I should be his wife.

Excellent clip.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Beth-Next time I see him I'll ask if he wants to marry you.

Johnny Yen said...

I love Nick Lowe-- especially the stuff he did with Dave Edmunds in Rockpile.