Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy birthday to us

Today is the birthday of the guy who invented the Dewey decimal system, the man who first played Dracula on film, our current Sec. of Labor Hilda Solis, Danny Boyle director of Slumdog Millionaire, yours truly, and this dainty little galfellow blogger and my one time Vice Presidential running mate Kristi Love. Not only do we share the same birthday, we were born on the same day way back in 19...whoops, I better not finish the year or Ms. Love might come to Monkey Central and body check me into next week. After all any chick who sucks lemons is capable of anything, even if she is still recovering from surgery.
I have no idea what Kristi is having later today but I'll be having a big ol' slice of German Chocolate cake:
Mmmmmmmm cake.

Happy birthdays all around!!

22 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

Lub!

Fran said...

Happy birthday to you and your evil twin. This sure is one fine day - lemons and chocolate cake.

Happy Happy!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Happy Birthday you magnificent bastard! If I could vote I would have voted for you for President...welll after Brother Obama'a 8 years is over.

SamuraiFrog said...

Happy birthday to all of you!

Margaret Benbow said...

Happy Birthday Monkey Man--and congrats on choosing the most voluptuously delicious cake ever (with Pineapple Upside Down cake being the only close contender)--chocolate and pecans and coconut will keep your fur all soft and shiny!

Devilham said...

Happy Birthday Dr. Monkey!!!! Hope you have a great day, and many more to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy B'Day!! What fun. Everyone I know is having birthdays this month.

K.Line said...

Have a great birthday! It's my best friend Hilly's birthday today too...

Little Merry Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Happy Birthday to YOU! Happy Birthday Dr. Monkey! Happy Birthday to YOU!

Keith said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome one.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Happy birthday to all the fabulous creatures who were spat out of wombs on this day x number of years ago!

Wings1295 said...

Happy Birthday to the best Dr. Monkey I know!

splord said...

Happy Birthday!!

Megan said...

I want some cake.

Oh, happy day!

Lockwood said...

mmmm... German Chocolate Cake! That's the bestest! Happy Birthday, Dr. Monkey!

Blueberry said...

Happy birthday to you, and Bela Lugosi too.

Sparky said...

Happy Birthday, darlin'! Hope you like your cake!
Sparky

Sherry Pasquarello said...

yeah, cake!!!!

Professor Chaos said...

Happy Birthday, Doc! If you were in Atlanta, I would buy you a slice of Crazy Monkey Cake from the best bakery in the world.

Crayons said...

Another birthday to celebrate. I think this is my third on your blog. You are a gift to the planet, Dr. You are a great writer and vociferator. You have forced me to laugh in my darkest hours. Your photo-recipes would put Julia Child to shame. You sift and sort through past shells of popular culture and then present them straightface.

That gives me a hankering for cake.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes and comments. You all rock. Hard.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Late as usual.
I wouldn't mind having a slice of your soul sister's cake.
HBDM!!!