Friday, September 12, 2008

There they go again

Bush McCain has taken whining to a new level in the past few days. He is claiming that the whole tenor of the campaign would be different if only Sen. Obama had agreed to appear with him in town hall style debates around the country.

I'll wait for you to stop laughing at how idiotic that sounds before I continue.

You done yet?

It's okay, get it all out before you finish reading.

So the smears would never have come out if only Obama had decided to stop running his campaign the way he wanted to and which so far has won him not only the Democratic party nomination but also millions of newly registered voters, but of course it remains to be seen if they'll be allowed to vote in their states due to voter caging by entrenched Republicans who will stop at nothing to cling to power. If only Obama didn't go out and give those great stump speeches that fire up the party, bring in hundreds of thousands of new voters, and inspire the base then McCain would have called off his attack dogs and stopped the lies. Oh, if only, if only.

If only my ass. The tenor of this campaign would be as nasty as the last two Presidential campaigns have been no matter what Obama agreed to. As long as people like Karl Rove work for and advise the Bush McCain campaign then they'll use the slash and burn attack style of campaigning that we've all come to expect from them. They'll use every dirty trick and lie in the book to cling to power because they can. As long as Bush remains the most hated President in the history of this country and as long as Obama and the rest of us keep tying him to Bush then Bush McCain will keep smearing Obama with lie after lie. Make no mistake here, they'd attack Jesus Christ for not being a better messiah if he was running against Bush McCain.

This notion that if only Obama had agreed to McCain's preferred style of debate, which by the way favors style over substance, which would have allowed McCain to look witty and mavericky and would have let him escape from actually saying anything of substance, is as much nonsense as McCain's assertion that only he knows how to catch Osama Bin Laden and he'll only do that if we let him become President.

He can change the tenor of the campaign if he wants and he could talk about the issues that we all care about if he wanted. But he won't do it because he's on side opposite of most Americans on all the big issues of this election year. He's wrong on taxes, he's wrong on the economy, he's wrong on the war. If I was him I'd cling to a flimsy excuse to keep smearing my opponent too. I'd do anything to keep the voters from finding out my positions on the issues if I was him too. But the place where he and I would part ways is I would not have made a crass cynical political pick of an inexperienced governor who hails from a state where most every one in the Republican party is foul with the stink of corruption. If it was me, I'd have picked someone who is actually ready to step in the Presidency if something happened to me.

But what the feck do I know? I'm just a blogger and we all know how Bush McCain feels about us, he hates us. And to top that off, I'm from a nation of whiners. And I never was a POW and I'm not a lobbyist so why should Bush McCain listen to me?

7 comments:

Little Merry Sunshine said...

I've been trying to remeber where I've heard McSame's line of reasoning before . . .

"Honey, I wouldn't have beat the crap out of you last night, IF ONLY YOU hadn't burned my damn steak."

Yep. That's it.

NOTE: I am NOT saying McSame ever said that. I'm simply saying it's the same flimsy line of reasoning.

Angry Ballerina said...

Wow, I can't beat that comment.

Katie Schwartz said...

Did you catch their townhall meeting at Columbia on MSNBC the other night? Very interesting. As always, Obama was gracious, intelligent and articulate about his plan for America.

McCain is disgusting. He's trying to bash the hell out of Obama, yet asked him at that meeting if he'd join his cabinet. What a dumb ass. Obama was great "A looooot of things would have to change" -- He handled it beautifully as always.

Excellent post, bubbie.

DivaJood said...

Here are two more reasons to NOT vote McCain:

President Sarah Palin.
Sec. of Treasury Phil Gramm

mwb said...

So if I'm reading you - you aren't supporting the Republicans?

Jeepers, after all their hard work trapping us in losing wars, ruining the economy, destroying the environment and making us hated around the world - I'm surprised at your ingratitude.

Unless you think the Democrats can do a better job at destroying America and the American Dream?

;-)

Micgar said...

Monkey-I think he knows that the Palin drool fest is about over and people are now going to be focusing more on the real issues. He needs to buckle up and, like you said talk about the real American dilemmas and problems we face, not how his VP's stint in a state in close proximity to another nation prepares her for foreign policy experience!

Distributorcap said...

while he is taking whining to a new level

his lying is through the stratosphere