Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

My main man, the swingin' Matty Boy of Lotsa 'Splainin To Do blog fame, tagged me with a meme. Here are the rules of this one:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (You’re not the boss of me!)
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I'm doing this because I like him and because I love any opportunity to tell you more about adorable little old me. So button up your jackets, tie your shoes, and let's set fire to this rocket baby!

1. I was in a movie that was directed by Tom DeCillo. It's called Box of Moonlight. I was only an extra but you can plainly see me in the first 30 seconds of the film. I'm the blond haired guy who is wearing his hard hat backwards and is batting in the scene where the workers are fucking off. They filmed it in Knoxville, TN when I was living there and I worked two days on the movie. Tom was a great guy, very nice and very down to earth, I recommend you go see all his movies. John Turturo was kind of strange and standoffish, but in retrospect he had to be since his character in the film was closed off from everyone else around him. Sadly, I did not get to meet Katherine Keener. The nicest "Hollywood" type was the old black guy who played Soapy. He was fun to be around and would talk, laugh, and joke around with anyone and everyone, but when it was "magic time" he was all business. One more thing about this random fact about me, making movies is awfully boring. And when it's not awfully boring, it's unbelievably boring. But if I got cast in another one, I'd do it in a heart beat.

2. I was the class clown in high school and in college.

3. I did not have a drivers license until I was in my late 20's.

4. I wrote a novel that got published by a teeny tiny itty bitty wee little publishing company. You can see the cover here, but you can only get a copy from me. If you want a copy, I've got a few left, email me if you want one. Hey, no one ever said I couldn't use meme this to sell a few books.

5. In addition to being the humble guy I am, I am an award winning writer (I won an essay contest in high school and got to go to the UN in NYC for a week.), an award winning actor (I won the Dogwood Playhouse Acting Award at my alma mater King College), and award winning former sales representative (I won an award for opening the most new accounts in my last job.).

6. I love going to the beach. And I especially love Atlantic Beach, North Carolina.

7. I met Robert Wagner and Jill St. John in my local airport terminal one night when I was picking up a guy who flew in to work with me on my old job. Wanger was nice, though he looked like he needed a shave and some sleep. Jill St. John is tiny in person, almost freakishly tiny.


8. Evil Spock may hate her, but I love her. Well, not love exactly, but I do have a crush on Ina Garten, the "Barefoot Contessa." I think she's a cute little sinfully rich food makin' sex pot. "Are those flowers for me? Aww, Ina, I swear I told you not to make any fuss over me. I'll put them in some water and you go make us something to eat my little bon bon."

I know some people hate this type of thing but I'm gonna tag Miss Becca at No Smoking in the Skull Cave, Samurai Frog, Johnny Yen, and because he cracks me up, Romius T.

5 comments:

Evil Spock said...

Evil Spock doesn't really hate Ina Garten. Evil Spock just hates The Hamptons.

Johnny Yen said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm on it!

Becca said...

Of course you were the class clown monkeys are hilarious! Thanks for the tag I will post this tonight or tomorrow!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Thank Becca and Johnny midwesterners rock.

Romius T. said...

u win awards and publish books. I am a drunk who likes fried twinkies.